Photo via Timetrax23/flickr
In conjunction with this year’s LA Art Book Fair, between today and Sunday, Echo Park Lake will be the site of a “floating library”, courtesy of Machine Project and Minnesota artist Sarah Peters. In other library-related news, for the next few days, the Los Angeles Public Library will be waiving fines on overdue materials as part of its “LAPL Misses You” campaign. Patrons who return overdue items by February 14 will have their records cleared and be able to use their cards freely once again.
Per the campaign’s FAQ page, in addition to clearing the overdue fines for material returned, other fines will be forgiven including:
* Overdue fines for materials that have been previously returned
* Hold-shelf expired fees
* TechKiosk devices returned late on the checkout day.
Items and fees not eligible include:
* TechKiosk devices that were removed from the building.
* Damaged and unusable items
* Items from other library systems
LAPL Misses You [LAPL.org]
By La.Curbed.com - Pauline O’Connor