Do you long for a fresh, summer look for your decor? By changing to summer colors throughout your home, it can be an easy transformation. And depending on how much time you have, it’s a snap!
The greatest change can come by changing color, –on walls, furniture, tables, and in accessories. With a quick change of even one item, you can transform a room from drab to wonderfully fresh.
You’d be surprised how much you can accomplish to bring about your summer makeover in as little as an hour, –or less if you plan ahead a bit. More ambitious projects might take longer, but they’ll be worth it!
Start out with a plan. What will you move out or move around? What can be covered, painted, or refreshed? If you’ll need fabrics or fresh plants, get them ready for the “makeover day.”
Enlist as much help as you can to move furniture, clean, or bring in the new pieces. You’ll really be moving fast! Finally ready? Snap your fingers, get the kids to help with the changeover, dust the corners as you move furniture around, and finally bring in the summer accessories!
Choose from our list of things to do to add summer color in a jiffy.
If you have an hour,
- Get out some fresh lemonade or iced tea in a pretty pitcher and tall glasses. Choose a tray that says “fresh.”
- Put a fresh, colorful tablecloth on the table
- Put bold or pastel candles in the candle holders
- Get out the floral or pastel dishes
- Cut some fresh flowers for anywhere and everywhere
If you have an afternoon,
- Hang a fresh floral ]window swag
- Hang frothy white sheers curtains next to the glass
- Lay down a colorful floral area rug
- Trim a wall with a simple wallpaper border
Just a few helpful tips!